Tommy Atkins is the most widely grown commercial variety coming into the United States
- FLAVOR: Mild and sweet
- TEXTURE: Firm flesh due to fibers throughout
- COLOR: A dark red blush often covers much of the fruit with green and orange-yellow accents
- SHAPE: Medium to large with oval or oblong shape.
- RIPENING CUES: This mango may not provide any visual cues. Squeeze gently to judge ripeness.
- PRIMARY SOURCE COUNTRIES: Mexico, Guatemala, Brazil, Ecuador, Peru
- PEAK AVAILABILITY: March to July, September and October